The Athletic Boosters provide vital support to the athletic programs at McNicholas through volunteer hours and fund-raising initiatives. Whether it is fund-raising, providing volunteer hours of labor, or staffing school athletic events, the Boosters do whatever it takes to create a first-rate athletic program for our student athletes.
Paradise Athletic Fields
The field complex behind McNicholas, known for decades as "Paradise" is a primary focus of the Athletic Boosters who maintain the fields. It is a significant effort, both in terms of expense and members' time to do the tasks necessary to keep the fields and facilities in top condition for our athletes, parents, and visitors.
The Athletic Boosters do everything possible to ensure that McNicholas athletic programs have the best facilities and equipment possible. The Boosters have funded many improvement and acquisitions that are not fully covered by the Athletic Department budget, including improvements to the locker rooms, new dugouts and a batting cage for baseball, mats for wrestling, a scoreboard for football, and upgrades to the athletic trainer's room.
Booster Activities and Fundraisers
- Membership Dues – The membership dues are our second largest source of funding.
- Split-The-Pot – Members of the Booster Board sell Split-the-Pot tickets at home football and basketball games.
- Hall Of Fame Dinners – The Athletic Hall Of Fame dinner is held in the spring, providing a wonderful tribute to the athletic legacy at Archbishop McNicholas High School. All parents of current students are encouraged to attend to become more familiar with the school's past.
- Concessions – With the assistance of parent volunteers, the Boosters operate the concession stand in Paradise. Your patronage helps support our activities.
These meetings are usually held on the third Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the school library. Please check with the Athletic Office as dates occasionally change. All dues-paying parents are welcome to attend board meetings as observers. If a member parent wishes to address the board, this must be requested and approved by the board president in advance.
Celebrate Homecoming 2019 when the Rockets host Purcell Marian for a 7 p.m. kick off. Plan to arrive early for:
- Visiting with alumni from across the years at the Rocket Family Reunion area
- Taking advantage of VIP Parking in the tailgating area
- Eating at one of the food trucks on campus for the event
- Purchasing your golf ball for the Golf Ball Drop on the baseball field before kickoff
Athletic Boosters Golf Outing
Saturday, September 21
Legendary Run Golf Course
11:30 a.m. Registration, lunch, and driving range
1:30 p.m. Shotgun start
6:00 p.m. Dinner, awards, and auction