Our close-knit community looks out for each other in so many ways and the Hope Squad is a prime example.
Hope Squad is a peer-to-peer, suicide prevention program that strives to...
- improve mental health education while reducing stigma.
- reach out to students in need quickly and intentionally.
- normalize help-seeking for emotional distress.
- facilitate access to care, allowing students to get the right help at the right time.
- provide connection between Hope Squad members and their peers in distress.
- reduce and eliminate suicide.
Hope Squad members are students nominated by peers as trustworthy classmates; they are trained to identify at-risk students, provide friendship, and seek help from an adult. Squad members also provide positive messages and work to educate their peers about mental health issues, ways to stay healthy, and how to support those who are struggling.