Congratulations to the Rocket band members who earned state ratings in the Ohio Music Education Solo & Ensemble Competition as well as our students who represented McNicholas in the OMEA District 14 Honor Band.
Be part of a close-knit, fun group of instrumentalists who meet inside and outside of the classroom to develop their musical talents.
Students interested in instrumental music can perform in a variety of ensembles that perform at school events, public events, College Jazz Festivals, State competitions and ratings events. All instrumentalist and levels are welcome.
- Be part of a close-knit community of friends
- Earn fine art & PE credit
- Perform for and support the McNick community
- Develop musical and leadership skills
Our instrumental music program is flexible, allowing students to participate in band while also pursuing other school related interests or for those students who are considering a career in music. The McNicholas Music program has produced many students who have or are currently teaching or performing professionally.
- Five Grand Champion Awards for Rocket Marching Band
- Performed in eight states and Washington D.C.
- Performed in the New York City St. Patrick’s Day Parade and D.C. Memorial Day Parade
- 2-time Overture Award Winner for percussion performance
- Performed at the Miami, Marshall, Ohio University, University of Louisville, Morehead State, Cleveland State, Capital, and Northern Kentucky Jazz festivals
- Performed at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Consistently receive Superior ratings at Ohio Music Education State Ratings Festival
- Opportunities for students to participate in college and local honors groups
- Tri-M National Music Honor Society
- Music scholarships available
The band is a tight group of brilliant students who always work hard and want to represent McNicholas well.
Mr. Keith Nance, Band Director
Congratulations to the Rocket band members who earned superior and excellent ratings in the Ohio Music Education Solo & Ensemble Competition as well as those who represented McNicholas in the Catholic Honor Band during Catholic Schools Week.
The Rocket Marching Band started their competition season off with two strong performances at the Lebanon High School Band Invitational and the Goshen Band Invitational, bringing home trophies as Lebanon’s Fan Favorite and Goshen’s Reserve Grand Champion.
Rockets earn Superior and Excellent ratings in the Ohio Music Education Spring Solo & Ensemble Competition.