All Tuition and Fees are due by May 1st in order to receive graduation cap and gown and to be able to participate in Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement.
May 9 (Thursday)
- ACADEMIC AWARDS at 8:00 a.m.: Seniors will receive academic pins. Seniors who are members of NHS or other honor societies will be recognized and will pick up their cords from their moderator(s) afterwards. Four-year scholars will also be recognized. Their certificates will be distributed with awards packets at graduation practice. All community based scholarships and departmental awards for seniors will be awarded at this time.
May 10 (Friday)
- Senior Exam Exemption notification by teacher.
- Seniors are exempt from exams for classes in which they have an average of at least 84.5% (not rounded and not weighted).
May 14 (Tuesday)
- This is the last class day for seniors. You will see all of your teachers on this day. You are to return your textbooks to your teacher at the conclusion of your last class meeting if you are not taking an exam for that class. If you are taking an exam, please return your book at the exam.
May 15 and 16
Exams: Wednesday, May 15 (A, B, C and D periods) and Thursday, May 16 (E/F, G and H periods) You are not required to be here until the period of your first exam and you may leave after your last exam for that day. If you have a class period between exams, you must sit in the cafeteria for quiet study. Do not miss or be late for an exam! Being late may result in penalties, and missing an exam will be a zero. Senior exams will be given during block class periods. Once you have completed your exams, please leave the building and the parking lot QUIETLY since underclassmen will be in classes.
Locker Clean-out: You are responsible for cleaning out your locker by 3:00 p.m. on May 16. All signs, tape etc. must be removed along with all of your personal belongings.
May 17 (Friday)
Senior Failures: Teachers will notify parents and students of any failures.
GRADUATION REHEARSAL AT McNICHOLAS - ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY. Seniors will assemble in the gym at 10:15 a.m. We will assign your places in line for the graduation ceremony and will walk through the ceremony. Young women should bring the dress shoes they will be wearing to graduation to practice on the stairs. After rehearsal, PTSA and Alumni/Development will provide lunch. Seniors will pick up graduation tickets, and the senior video will be shown in the gym.
You will receive 8 tickets: 2 green (parent section) and 6 grey (other section)If handicap seating is needed for a family member, please contact Pat Farwick 231-3500, ext. 5803
Proper attire for Baccalaureate and Graduation:
Young Women: Light-colored or whitedress or blouse and skirt, and dress shoes or sandals with heels are to be worn under your graduation gown. Your dress should not hang below the gown. (Flip-flops or soccer sandals are NOT appropriate!)
Young Men: Clean-shaven and no earrings. Dress slacks, dress shirt, tie, dark socks and dress shoes must be worn to both events.
May 19 (Sunday)
BACCALAUREATE MASS AND RECEPTION: 5 p.m. Sunday evening at Guardian Angels
The Baccalaureate Mass is required for all seniors. Students need to arrive by 4:15 p.m. and report to the cafeteria with your cap and gown. Weather permitting, the ‘19 picture will be taken in the grassy courtyard. After that, you will process from the gym lobby to church in the same order that you will walk during graduation. Please do not bring anything with you that is not essential.
- Alumni medallions will be presented at the Mass.
- At the end of Mass, you will follow the priest and process out of the church to the Convent courtyard for the reception.
RECEPTION: The reception immediately follows Mass and will take place in the Convent courtyard.
May 20 (Monday)
GRADUATION EVENING –7:00 p.m.
You must be dressed and groomed appropriately in order to walk for graduation.
- Your family will be responsible for your transportation to Graduation.
- Students need to report to the Aronoff Center by 6:15 p.m.
- There will be an opportunity for pictures until 6:30 p.m., when the graduates begin to line up. Pictures may also be taken after the ceremony.
- You must have your cap, gown, cords and alumni medallion.
- Leave all valuables with your family. Your homeroom teacher will be responsible for assembling you for the procession.
- At the end of the ceremony all graduates need to return their gowns in order to receive their diploma.
YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR DIPLOMA AT THE MAY 20 CEREMONY IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- You have the required 24 credit hours.
- You have passed English and Math for the year.
- You have passed Religion both of the two semesters.
- You have passed World History or AP European History for the year.
- You have completed your service hours.
- You have taken care of fines and have returned books, calculators, or athletic uniforms.
- You have returned your graduation gown the evening of graduation.
We look forward to celebrating the Class of 2019!