Tuition for 2017-2018 School Year: $10,700, plus fees and tablet
Tuition for 2018-19 School Year: $10,700, plus fees and tablet
We are pleased to offer FACTS Payment Plans and Grant & Aid Financial Needs Assessment on the same platform. View complete details on filing requirements.
FACTS is a third-party provider that takes your application and financial information and makes recommendations based on the information submitted. Your financial aid awards may vary from year to year and from institution to institution. McNicholas High School provides financial aid based on your financial situation and the number of families we have in need of assistance.
Returning FACTS families:
To manage or add information to an existing FACTS account or apply for financial aid, click here to sign in and follow the steps.
Families new to FACTS:
To create a new FACTS payment plan or create a new application for Financial Aid, please review these simple steps to apply:
1. You will first need to create an online account.
2. Then click on the Set Up a Payment Plan link.
3. Select McNicholas High School.
4. Complete the steps as prompted.
Enrolling in a FACTS tuition payment plan allows you to select a payment option that best suits your financial needs. All plans can be paid by either credit card or automatic bank draft. Payment options are subject to change depending on enrollment date.
· Monthly Payments: Spread your tuition balance over 10 monthly installments.
· Quarterly Payments: Pay your tuition in quarterly installments.
· Semi-Annual Payments: Pay your tuition in two installments.
· Payment in Full: FACTS is a quick, secure method for paying your tuition balance in full.
For more details about the options above, create an online account.
All incoming/prospective families:
· If you currently pay grade school tuition through FACTS, you must update your account to include McNicholas High School.
· If applying for financial aid, this is done through your FACTS account. You need only one account for the FACTS Tuition Payment Plan and FACTS Financial Aid Application.
· For each year you are requesting financial assistance, you must fill out a financial aid application by the deadline. This will always be in the fall preceding the school year you are requesting assistance.
· You do not need to set up a new account for your payment plan options as the information will be transferred to 2017-2018. However, you must go on your FACTS account to click on the Financial Aid Application option and apply each year.
When applying for financial aid:
· There is a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $28.
· All major credit cards are accepted.
· Your application covers multiple institutions. Be sure to list all schools you wish to receive your financial information.
· Please select the correct school year you are requesting financial aid (2018-2019).
· Be sure to list all children in your household who will be attending a tuition-charging institution, PK-12 along with social security numbers for each child.
· You will need a copy of your 2016 tax returns.
· If separated/divorced: Both parents must fill out an application when sharing tuition costs. It is imperative that you discuss what you both are able to pay and list that on the application. For example, if you are responsible for 50% of the tuition, take the current tuition of $10,700 and divide by two = $5350. This is your cost of tuition. Then list what you are able to contribute. It is not permissible for both parents to say they are 100% responsible for tuition.
· After you submit your application and pay the processing fee, you will be asked to submit copies of your tax forms.
· You can either fax or upload your documents to FACTS. This information will be provided on the screen after submission.
· Do not send any financial information to McNicholas High School.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION: November 17, 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Financial Aid
Q: How do I apply for financial aid?
A: Families in need of financial aid must apply every year through FACTS Financial Aid Division.
Q: Who is eligible to apply for financial aid?
A: All existing and incoming families may apply for financial aid. For incoming families, you must have an application on file with the admissions office prior to applying for aid in order to be considered.
Q: How do you qualify for financial aid?
A: Need based financial aid is based on the recommendations of our financial aid service company, FACTS. Factors that are taken into consideration are income, number of people in your household, amount of debt, medical expenses and other financial situations.
Q: What if I have an extenuating circumstance to my financial situation?
A: It’s best to contact the Office of Admissions and Enrollment or the principal as soon as possible. There are no guarantees of financial aid or an increase in aid based on special circumstances.
Q: How is my financial aid amount determined?
A: You must apply for financial aid every year that you’re in need. Each year, the amount awarded is based on the recommendations of FACTS and the amount of requests we receive. Not every family who applies for financial aid will receive aid. The aid amount may change from year to year based on the number of requests we receive and your current financial situation.
Q: Do you participate in the Ohio EdChoice or the Jon Peterson Scholarship Program?
A: We are not participants in either program.
Q: What are other financial aid options?
A: We do offer academic scholarships based on Entrance Exam scores and have scholarship opportunities for incoming and existing students. For information about scholarship opportunities, click here.